Monday, February 17, 2014

Four Cheap Coats(But Nice) for NYC!!

 


Well, this girl is heading to D.C. and NYC in a few weeks! (Happy Valentines Day to me :) Woo! I am so excited-I can't wait to get back to two of my favorite cities and get to enjoy being with a bunch of friends. 
I automatically thought about what I will need to wear-booties, big slouchy sweaters, jeans, beanies, floppy hats…the list goes on. But, most importantly what coat am I going to bring.
I stumbled upon this website Sheinside.com a couple of months ago and was astounded at how cheap the prices are-of course with cheap prices does not always come great quality…but I thought I would give it a shot.

I purchased this (bottom right) beige faux wool lined jacket(in hopes of going somewhere cold) for very cheap and hoped for the best-it caught my eye because it looks almost identical to the very expensive designer ACNE jacket I have been loving for weeks now. Well, after about to two weeks (it comes from China and then there was snow storm delay, so don't expect anything asap) I received my jacket. It fits great-the faux wool is not the absolute softest but is definitely okay and since I will be wearing a long sleeve shirt or sweater of some sort underneath it will be super warm. The quality is pretty great, especially for spending less than $40, I think it will be durable while bearing the cold temperatures-i will have a report back after my trip-but all in all I am happy with the price and quality.

I looked on Sheinside again today during one of my online stops and I think these three other coats/parkas-that are similar to coats/parkas I already have-make great options for a cold weather trip to the city:

Black Faux Fur Coat : (bottom left) I think people automatically assume Oh fur coat goes over fancy dress or going out clothes-which it does-but I like to wear my faux fur with skinny jeans, converse, and a graphic sweater for something different.

Black and White makes Gray Coat : (top right) This is the nice coat that goes with everything. You can dress it up, dress it down, wear it to work etc. The black and white stitching almost makes it like a gray coat when the two colors blend but at the same time you can just match black or white or any color really. It is clean cut a ready to go with anything.

The Army Green Super Comfy Parka : (top left) Now this is the comfiest and (in my opinion) warmest to wear. It is the first one to grab when your going to run errands, travel, just walk around, could be for casual work places, oh yeah and if its going to rain! 

So, some of you must be wondering how I have the right to say where, when, and how to wear these different coats if I live in South Florida. Well, I was born and raised in the good ole 954 but, besides multiple vacations to cold places for at most a week at a time which would then still not give me any room to talk...I was lucky enough to live(and hopefully moving back soon!) in London for five months right in the peak of winter-so to tell you I had to learn how to dress for living in a cold city, and I had to learn fast, would be an understatement.

How do you guys dress your coats?


No comments:

Post a Comment