Saturday, February 22, 2014

My Everyday Jewelry-Mixing Silver and Gold

 (Click on pictures for link)

Happy Saturday! As promised, I am sharing with you my everyday jewelry. I am a 100% advocate for mixing silver & gold-I do tend to lean more towards gold when I am purchasing fashion costume pieces like big necklaces/bangles/rings etc. but that is for another post.

For earrings I wear these 14K gold studs with medium size cz(cubic zirconia) in them. (similar above) This is the one thing I absolutely wear every single day and never switch. 
 I love a beautiful big earring but I honestly never wear them so I have had to control myself not to buy them.

I layer two gold thin chain necklaces(similar above) every day. They are super simple and because they are so delicate and thin it just adds a little something to an outfit. Many days/night I will throw on a long necklace or I will take them off and wear a big chunky necklace depending on the outfit.

This Michael Kors watch (pictured above) is exactly what I was looking for. It absolutely goes with everything being silver and gold. I had the silver Michele watch and the Michael Kors Horn  watch for years and they are beautiful, great pieces but I was really looking for a watch to wear with every outfit and the MK one fits the bill. Now I do not wear a watch every single day if I am layering a bunch of bangles and bracelets or sometimes I do wear it with a bunch of bangles and bracelets but then I will take off my necklaces and have my wrist be the focal point. The watch is a big piece so you don't want to over do the jewelry by wearing it.

I am absolutely in love with my gold Lat & Lo cuff. (pictured above) I wear it every single day. The company is called Lat & Lo because each piece of jewelry has the Latitude and Longitude coordinates of a city of your liking and then the city is engraved in cursive on the other side. They are beautiful, simple, yet meaningful pieces-I actually have two gold cuffs 1. Fort Lauderdale-where I was born and raised and lucky enough to have so many great family and friends & 2. London-where I was lucky enough to study abroad, meet the most amazing friends from all over, and fall in love with a city that I will hopefully be moving back to -the future/my goal
This company also makes necklaces

Finally, I wear these very thin/delicate gold rings all over my hands. This great pack from H&M (pictured above) comes with all different sizes. Some days I will wear four different rings on one hand like two regular rings and two midi rings(rings that go above your knuckle) and on other days I will just wear one regular one on my pointer finger. Now I have been only wearing gold rings for a while now but with silver coming included in the pack-hey why not!

Let me know what you wear every day for jewelry!





1 comment:

  1. I love to mix gold and silver too! I wear my gold name plate necklace and my rose gold love necklace. I am obsessed with my Michael Kors watch because it has gold, silver and rose gold, the perf combo! Love your jewlery staples.

    ReplyDelete