Saturday, February 8, 2014

In Honor of the Olympics(Not Really, I Just Love Them)

(Click on picture for link)

Seriously though, how great was the opening ceremony for the Sochi Winter Olympics last night! As a former ballet dancer I am biased to the absolutely beautiful waltz scene and pointe routines that Russia certainly started and brought to the world. Every set was amazing with all the mock buildings from Moscow and the montage of the little girl following her dreams in Russia was a beautiful story line. But, to me the most impressive thing were those 3D graphic projections on the floor! Did the athletes actually walk out of their home country, was Peter the Great actually on that ship, were those soldiers marching on an actual map?-I mean come on they were out of this world! The President of the IOC gave a brilliant motivating, politically neutral, and peaceful speech. Oh and how could I forget-the torch being lit outside of the stadium was breathtaking, such a beautiful idea for all to see.

So obviously I decided to wear my favorite Nike Thea Air Max's today because I'm such an athlete…..a girl can dream. They are so comfy and because they are basic black and white I have dressed them up before(future outfits with how to wear these great basics in multiple ways coming soon)!

And I guess I should tell you that I had to wear sneakers today because we had our Make-A-Wish 5K this morning, which I am proud to say was super super successful, but most of all rewarding. Now, after waking up at 5:30 this morning-this girl is heading to take a nap!

No comments:

Post a Comment