Monday, April 7, 2014

FINALLY! A Post About DC Day 1 and Refinery29


So this was totally random, but also EXTREMELY awesome :)

I had basically just landed in D.C. after waking up at 4:30 in the morning to head to the airport. I met up with my best friend, Katie, who I was staying with for the weekend, dropped my bags and then headed to lunch….Well, after lunch I realized that it may have been a little too early that morning because I forgot gloves and it was definitely necessary glove weather, so we went to Forever 21 to find some cheap warm gloves and then this happened….

I was walking around Forever 21 in my outfit(above) that I had been wearing on the airplane and all day. As we were walking out, this lady(girl taking picture of me) stopped me and complemented many facets of my outfit(shoes, hat, necklaces, bag etc.) I was so flattered, I couldn't believe how nice she was being. Then she proceeded to ask to take pictures of me for a "street style, lifestyle" post for the website Refinery29 . And you can probably take a guess as to what my answer was…YES.

This is the description of what Refinery29 produces on there website: "Refinery29, the largest independent fashion and style website in the United States, is a lifestyle platform that delivers nonstop inspiration to live a more stylish and creative life."

She handed me her business card for validity, and then I just stood on the street right outside of Forever 21. She took probably about 50 pics:close up, far away, and of certain pieces of my outfit…it was really fun! And props to my super smart best friend Katie for taking pictures on her iPhone(pic above) of the photographer taking pictures of me.

I was wearing, of course, many of my favorite basics I have already blogged about including: my Asos light wash skinny jeans, black J.Crew coat(similar), my everyday jewelry and the Forever 21 floppy hat(similar)…
the new additions to my outfit were these burgundy Aldo slip-ons that were super comfy and on trend to wear walking around the city in the cold (I also ended up buying these H&M faux snakeskin slip-ons while on my vacation because I loved them so much), and a great vintage find white pullover sweater(similar on Asos)

It was such an awesome experience and I am overly flattered that the lady even stopped me to take pictures.

The pictures were never used as the entire post was never published on to the website, but it doesn't matter to me, another great life experience and an awesome story to tell.

No comments:

Post a Comment