Friday, April 11, 2014

How to Dress Up Your Boyfriend Jeans


I am so happy when my sister is in town :)
She is away at university so when she is home we always go to family dinners. For her spring break, she was home for a couple of days before cruising off with some friends. After hanging out together all day in my comfy new boyfriend jeans I purchased in NY, I decided to just throw on some heels and change my shirt to maintain comfy through dinner.

The second I saw these jeans on the hanger I had already decided on the purchase, but was just hoping for the fit. Boyfriend jeans are tricky, I believe you always have to try them on before purchasing, because in order for them to look good you have to be comfortable and confident in that fit being the way you want them to fit. And because boyfriend jeans are "boyfriend" jeans they come in many different cuts and "baggy-nesses"- they are actually just like the girls-you have to find the best fitting jean for you!
Check out a great guide to choosing boyfriend jeans here!

The boyfriend jeans I am wearing are from H&M, they are sold out online, but these similar H&M boyfriend jeans look like a great first pair with the lighter color for s/s '14 and on trend distress. This H&M Blouse, I also purchased while in NY, adds the feminine touch to balance out the baggy/distressed boyfriend jean and dress them up a little. The basic nude heels I am wearing are actually from Forever 21 from last year…but they have the exact same identical nude heels at Steve Madden.

And, of course what do you do when you are wearing all basics and neutrals…add a pop of color! My mother spoiled me in NY with the purchase of this red side bag, but there are so many other great reasonable options like these from Forever 21, and  Asos.

How do you dress up your boyfriend jeans?

No comments:

Post a Comment