Sunday, April 13, 2014

Girls Night Out: Transitioning to Spring with a Pop of Yellow


Aren't nights with the girls just the best? It is finally starting to feel like spring in most places, so it's time to start bringing in those bright spring hues.

Spring/Summer trends this year are all about:
-florals 
-big art-like prints
-laid back boho/grunge
-pops of color
This Asos S/S '14 Trend Guide is so on point. Check it out for all the spring/summer inspiration you need!

For dinner and drinks with my gal pals last night I decided to mix a couple of these trends. I, of course, stuck with my basics, this big print flowy graphic tee(similar Forever 21 here) could fall in to the big art-like prints and laid back grunge trends. Paired with a quilted black faux leather skirt from the boutique I work at(similar Forever 21 here), with a light jean button down tied around my waist(similar Target here) which could fall under the laid back grunge trend. These Steve Madden nude heels are also a staple basic for s/s '14 as the nude goes with everything and simple is paired well with the layers that go along with the laid back grunge trend. 

To top off my look I paired my pop of color, Kate Spade limoncello colored bag (similar) that I actually received for my birthday last year and is still right on trend for many springs and summers to come!

What are your favorite trends for Spring/Summer '14?

1 comment: