Thursday, March 13, 2014

One of Many Posts About My Winter Outfits in DC and NY


SPRING BREAK '14 WOO! The last spring break I will ever have(when did we get old?)
As you know from my previous posts, I was lucky enough to head back to DC and NY for SB to visit friends and be with family. To say I had the best time would be an understatement.
I am lucky to have such loving, wonderful, fun friends. 
From sightseeing to brunching, to going out and recovering on the couch the next morning-it was the perfect recipe for a vacation!

So lets get to the clothes...I found this trip as a great opportunity to make blog posts-really any trip should be a great opportunity to put outfits together, because if you are like me you are definitely taking pictures and just being away and experiencing something new is an excuse to put yourself together. Also, if you put your outfits together in advance you aren't bringing those 12 extra sweaters and 15 different pairs of shoes because you aren't sure of what to wear yet when you are there(trust me I know, I was 100% this girl) SO you are saving room in your suitcase a.k.a there is more room to buy things and fill it up :) And, it actually gives you more time in the day while you are there because you are not standing over your suitcase in the morning being like "ummm does this look cute?"

I am actually going out of order here, this is Day 2(I am saving my Day 1 outfit for another posts that I can spend a lot of time on because there is something special that happened!)

Ok, it was freezing-probably a whopping high of 30 degrees so layers and covering up were essential. We decided to frolic around and take pictures-because what else do you do after an endless pizza & mimosa brunch!

For my actual visible layers,(I had on a tank top and another long sleeve shirt underneath the striped long sleeve) I wore a basic Gap striped navy and white long sleeve shirt. My essential basic olive lightweight jacket from Forever 21. My favorite ASOS basic high-waisted light skinny jeans that I have blogged about before(with leggings and high socks underneath). And another pair I have blogged about in previous posts, my great LF sale find in my black DV booties
Now my Black coat has some great traveling memories with it and I was excited to be able to wear it again! Us Florida girls don't get to dress for real winter that often so it gets hyped up :) My black coat is from J.Crew about two years ago, so I found a pretty similar one here. 
Oh, and this great black floppy hat that I actually wore a lot and kept my head insulated is from Forever 21, similar here. 

How do you dress for the cold?

Check back for my post from DC Day 1 for some exciting news!!!

1 comment:

  1. When it's cold outside I love to be comfy, unless of course it's time to go out. If I'm staying inside sweatpants, a sweatshirt , and a bog blanket cuddled up with my man is all I need. When going out for a night on the town a nice pair of black high heal boots paired with skinny jeans, a nice shirt, jacket, and a scarf or hat will do the trick. Love your fashion choices :)

    ReplyDelete