Sunday, March 16, 2014

NY Day 1! Dressing for the Broadway Shows!

Day 3 of my vacation I headed to NYC to meet up with mom for our little girls trip.
It was even colder in NY than in DC so my floppy hat wasn't going to do the trick anymore and I had to switch to the beanie to really keep the heat locked in.
I got there around noon on a bus from DC, we dropped off my bags, head to grand central station for lunch then on to our first show of the day-a 3 o'clock matinee of Kinky Boots-which was hilarious, emotional, and just awesome. We then proceeded to head over to the theatre where Book of Mormon is playing in hopes for tickets that have been sold out for months. Well, we got super lucky and received tickets for 4th row center-it was pretty crazy. And let's just say there is absolutely a reason it is the best show on Broadway right now-it was AMAZING in every single aspect. After some after show drinks it was time for bed.

It is such an experience going to Broadway shows in NY-the old theaters, the caliber of acting, and especially how people dress. I was saving this vintage red coat and vintage cashmere black turtleneck in anticipation for the shows in NY. I found both of the vintage pieces for a steal here in a Fort Lauderdale vintage boutique (people aren't exactly looking for winter clothes here so it was a good situation for me). I wore my pleather black jeans from my favorite boutique here, Etiquette, that I have worn in previous posts. My favorite LF sale black booties that I talk about in pretty much every posts haha and my tri color CK side bag. 
It was the perfect combination of casual yet dressy and super comfy for walking from show to show.

Check back for links to similar items! Also check out my previous posts to links to items I have already talked about here!

What shows have you seen recently and how do you dress for the theatre?!!

No comments:

Post a Comment