Monday, March 17, 2014

Meeting Up with One of My Favorite London Friends in NY!



Probably the BEST part about being in NY was getting to see one of my London Study Abroad friends who lives in NY. It has been 2 years since we were in London having the best times of our lives so we might have been a little way excited to see each other.

On this day it was absolutely the coldest-I could not layer up enough. I don't even have a full body shot of my outfit because it was honestly too cold to stand in place to take one and I was just so excited to be hanging with Sam we were a little distracted.


In the morning we had a good ole NY Bagel and then headed to The Guggenheim Museum where we viewed the exhibitions of Italian Futurism, Carrie Mae Weems, and Kadinsky in Paris. The Carrie Mae Weems exhibition fascinated me because it was about life and the art in living everyday.

Then, we headed to the famous The Plaza Hotel for some afternoon tea and of course I had to get the "Eloise at the Plaza" option as it had grilled cheese and pb&j's, along with my favorite tea of choice that I probably drink way too much of every day-green tea :)

After tea we frolicked around: went shopping, grabbed some macaroons from Laduree , attempted to take pictures in front of the ice-skating rink at 30 Rock(above), shopped some more, and then had some messy fries, drinks, and mac n cheese at this delicious restaurant for dinner(above, above)

Over my usual three layers of tank tops, leggings and long sleeves I wore a basic gray pullover sweatshirt(similar here) my new favorite floral bomber jacket from Gap (top photo) my favorite Urban Outfitters basic black high waisted skinny jeans , and you can probably guess…my black LF sale DV booties (check almost all my other posts for links to the booties)

Tell me the cool places where your friends live and how do you have to dress where they live?!

No comments:

Post a Comment